Saturday 2 June 2012

Ballet, brunch and browsing

Last weekend saw my mum and me on a road trip to Adelaide for a cultural  and cosmopolitan weekend...

ballet festival theatre

We have been planning a trip to the ballet for a couple of years now and it finally arrived.
Graeme Murphy's Romeo and Juliet, presented by the Australian Ballet did not disappoint with spectacular costumes and sets and beautiful music and dancing. Definitely something I would do again! In fact I will be stalking The Australian Ballet with my eye on the next tickets to buy.


 Ballet pictures courtesy of Canberra Critics Circle blogspot

Ballet pictures courtesy of Canberra Critics Circle blogspot


Living in a place where there is very limited public transport meant catching the train from the Adeaide Railway Station was an adventure but one well worth having as we got to brunch with a friend in the very cool Queen Street Cafe in Croyden.


Some retail therapy was also in order and despite the long drive I came home feeling physically and culturaly refreshed...

Haighs
Festival Theatre
Solar Mallee Trees sculpture outside Festival Theatre


View of Torrens River and Adelaide Oval


Rundle Mall, Salvation Army
Salvation Army Band

Share:

2 comments

  1. Sounds lovely Kate, I love Croydon too. So groovy yet low key. The Red Door Bakery also has amazing food and hip staff :) Your post makes me want to go to Adelaide.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd be your ballet buddy again if invited?! Your photos are great.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I love knowing that you're reading and appreciate the time taken to comment.
Kate x

© Kate Writes | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig