Monday 16 July 2012

Holiday Lament

School holidays are drawing to an end and I am taking the day to think about the next 10 weeks of getting to school on time, lunchboxes, remembering library bags, after school sport and activities, play dates and in my case all that comes with being a teacher......

I always enjoy the more relaxed rhythm of the holidays and I am feeling a little sad that after today we will all be back to our almost military routine to get everything achieved. I am also wondering if I can manage a calmer, more relaxed outlook to each week rather than just trying to survive the rush towards Saturday afternoons when we can all take five.
I am hoping that my holiday project will continue to grow and that I will have the energy to hook a little each day...it has been growing before my eyes and I am very pleased with it so far! I can't wait for it to be big enough to put over my knees and my mind, uncluttered as it is with thoughts of work at the moment, has been racing ahead to choose what colour next.
Here's to the next ten weeks. May it be filled with fun, adventure, time to crochet and not too much drama!
Share:

3 comments

  1. my days of all that rushing about are over but i remember it all very well..all the best for your first week back..jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the crochet Kate...lovely colours! I am feeling rather sad that the holidays have ended, I could get used to this holiday routine, will probably see you in the school yard soon x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the rug you are making. You have inspired me to add crocheting to my bucket list.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I love knowing that you're reading and appreciate the time taken to comment.
Kate x

© Kate Writes | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig